Wadi | Besan Wadi | How to make Besan ki Burfi

Wadi ~ Besan Wadi - A to Z Maharashtrian Sweets

We are on the 23rd alphabet on our Journey through the Cuisines, where I am doing a series on A to Z Maharashtrian Sweets. Can't believe we have just three more to complete this mega marathon.

When I was making the list, as I had given clauses to use, my aim was to avoid using other languages or adjectives as much as possible. Some are so tough that you can't avoid. W turned out like that and for the longest time, I had Wheat Flour Laddu listed under W. I wasn't very happy with using an English word and kept searching for probable ingredient or dish that starts with W. 

I was elated when I realized that Vadi is also written as Wadi. Wadis or Vadis means square or diamond shape, sweets such as Rava vadi, besan vadi, khobra vadi etc are some of the examples. I also have a Pudachi Wadi, coming to the sweets I have Coconut BurfiMW Besan Ki BurfiCashew Besan Burfi. So I wasn't very keen on making another Besan Wadi.

However after reading this recipe, I thought I could go ahead making this one as it seems to be differently made. The recipe is very simple with just 3 ingredients as the rest of the recipes go, the video helped in knowing when one should remove it. 






Wadi - Besan Wadi

Ingredients Needed:



Besan / Gram Flour / Chickpea flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Cardamom a pinch

How to make the Besan Wadi


Heat a nonstick pan, melt ghee, roast the besan for 30 mins on low flame. Next, add sugar and mix well till sugar melts. Add cardamom powder and mix well. Continue stirring till the mixture comes out of the sides, takes about 10 mins after adding the sugar.

Grease a plate with ghee and quickly transfer the mixture to the plate and spread till done. even the top with greased bowl, then cut into shapes. Do not disturb it for 30 mins. Then gently remove the squares

You can top it with roasted chopped nuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment