South Indian meal planner 5 for weekdays

South Indian meal planner for weekdays - this is my fifth post in this series. I guess this is enough for a month and I will sure work on different combos and make it for another month and update. I was supposed to post yesterday but posted Saravana bhavan style mini tiffin, so posting this today.
Few of you suggested to post for breakfast and dinner also together. I will sure work on it and update soon.
Check out the recipes
  1. Amla rice
  2. Methi leaves kootu (Recipe coming up)
  3. Arbi curry
  4. Curd rice
  5. Sambar (replace vegetable)
  6. Curry leaves podi
  7. Okra curry
  8. Yam masiyal
  9. Puli saaru
  10. Potato curry (add capsicum) 
  11. Cluster beans poriyal
  12. Tomato kuzhambu
  13. Rajma sundal
  14. Beans stir fry
  15. Cabbage poriyal (add vegetables)
  16. Brinjal podi curry

Tips for beginners: 
✔ I started keeping tomatoes outside fridge off late, as I heard tomatoes keep fresh even outside, even more they stay flavourful. Same with ginger. 
✔ Never place onion and potato together. Keep in separate baskets. 
✔ I use rock salt for bulky needs like for idli dosa batter(my mom says oru padikku oru pidi uppu - which means for the ratio of 4 cups idli rice batter, we can add a fist full of rock salt)  and gravies like sambar, rasam, kootu. For sambar & vathal kuzhambu, my mom says, how much ever quantity you take tamarind, roughly same amount of salt you can add and later adjust as per need.
✔ Also I keep salt down, below in lowest rack, so that we bend few times for taking salt while cooking. 
✔ Always use same spoon and be aware how much you need for each dish you are adding in everyday cooking. For beginners this will be so handy that, each day they can assess and adjust the salt. Same for other ingredients too. My MIL dedicates vessel for each and everything (for example for preparing sambar, she has a vessel in which she extract tamarind juice and always keep the level of tamarind extract same. Similarly for dal, vegetables side dish etc.)  
✔ For weekly groceries and monthly groceries, I have a checklist in my mobile (Colornote App). If you keep adding the items you regularly buy as you remember, within few weeks or months, you will have a complete list which will be useful for ever.
Shopping list for this menu

Here are the last week's menu as planned, I shared few in Instagram too.
South Indian everyday meal


keywords: Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Kids Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment