Yogurt popsicle recipe, yogurt berry posicles

Yogurt-berry-popsicle-recipe
Yogurt popsicle recipe with raspberry, strawberry and blueberry. Creamy, rich and tasty popsicles for this summer with the berries goodness. Full video and step by step pictures recipe.
After I tried lassi inspired popsicle for my supplementary popsicle collection I gave for a Tamil magazine, I never tried popsicles with curd or yogurt. I wanted to try these yogurt popsicles when I saw a post in Instagram. It would have been a month, I was waiting to get a good popsicle mould as on of my popsicle moulds became too old to use and handles started breaking. Though I have other popsicle moulds like the one I have used in grape popsicles and mango jelly popsicle, I wanted another one which is good brand.

By chance I saw these moulds in Redmart while browsing in the app. It was same brand as my red knife that you have seen in my videos. So I immediately ordered, only to find there was not stock. So I again ordered in Lazada and got it promptly. I really love these good quality popsicle moulds, though the size is bit bigger than the ones I have already used. These moulds were perfect for the yogurt popsicles with berries in it. In case it was a smaller mould, it would not be looking as I wanted.
yogurt-popsicle-recipe
I have added berries in these popsicles by soaking them in sugar for a while to make the flavours deep and taste soft too while eating. If you want you can follow the same recipe and skip the berry part to make plain yogurt popsicle that are vanilla flavoured. I have also used Greek style yogurt as it is thick, so gives you a rich taste. The Greek yogurt is by itself mildly sweetened. Perfect for popsicles, smoothies, lassi and even our Indian raitas. I used farmer’s Union Greek yogurt that is available in Fairprice and it worked so well. I am so in love with the Greek style yogurt, going to be my favorite dessert for a while with fruits.

How to make yogurt pospsicle video:


Yogurt popsicle recipe

Recipe Cuisine: Continental |  Recipe Category: Dessert
Prep Time: 6 hrs freezing time + 20 mins   |  Cook time:0 minsServes:6 | Author

Click here for cup measurements

Yogurt popsicle recipe with raspberry, strawberry and blueberry. Creamy, rich and tasty popsicles for this summer with the berries goodness. Full video and step by step pictures recipe.
Yogurt popsicle recipe

Ingredients

  • Yogurt, Greek style – 3/4 cup
  • Milk – 1/4 cup
  • Sugar or honey – 3 to 5 tbsp
  • Berries, chopped – 1/4 cup each
  • Vanilla essence – 1/4 tsp

Method

  1. First clean, chop the berries roughly and mix each with1 tbsp of sugar in a bowl and set aside. After 15 mins, it will become soft and sweet.
  2. Meanwhile you can mix yogurt, milk, sugar and vanilla smoothly.
  3. Pour the mixed yogurt little less than half in popsicle moulds.
  4. Slide the sugar mixed berries into the moulds carefully along the sides of the mould.
  5. Top again with yogurt mixture to fill it. Close with the lid/ handle provided.
  6. Freeze overnight or minimum 6 hours. To pull the popsicles out, show in tap water for 20 –30 seconds. Pull out using the handle.

Notes

  • You can prepare jam and save the berries and use in popsicles too. Or even use the readymade jam available in the stores.
  • I like my popsicle on sweeter side so I used more sugar.
  • Honey can also be used in place of sugar.
  • Do not skip vanilla as it gives a lot of flavour.
  • You can use regular curd too, no need to use milk in that case. Just mix it smooth before using.
  • Showing the popsicle moulds all around under tap water for 30 – 40 seconds is must to pull the popsicles out clean.

How to make yougurt popsicle step by step pictures

  1. First clean, chop the berries roughly and mix each with1 tbsp of sugar in a bowl and set aside. After 15 mins, it will become soft and sweet.yogurt-popsicle-recipe-1
  2. Meanwhile you can mix yogurt, milk, sugar and vanilla smoothly.yogurt-popsicle-recipe-2
  3. Pour the mixed yogurt little less than half in popsicle moulds. Slide the sugar mixed berries into the moulds carefully along the sides of the mould.yogurt-popsicle-recipe-3
  4. Top again with yogurt mixture to fill it. Close with the lid/ handle provided.yogurt-popsicle-recipe-4
  5. Freeze overnight or minimum 6 hours. To pull the popsicles out, show in tap water for 20 –30 seconds. Pull out using the handle.

yogurt-popsicle-recipe-5 Enjoy the yogurt popsicle with goodness of berries, or as such with vanilla flavour.
Yogurt-strawberry-popsicle


keywords: Recipes, Healthy Recipes, Kids Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment